MRL’S PROPERTY PORTFOLIO includes thousands of parcels of land available for various uses. MRL’s Real Estate Department is dedicated to supporting the corporations’ primary activity – transporting freight. Therefore, all applications go through a rigorous administrative review process. Please plan and allow for approximately six months to process your service request.
Additional Important Instructions
There are specific instructions relating to each type of land lease or license service request. Please reference the page regarding the service you require for details. Below are the general instructions necessary for every service application and request.
- APPLICATION FORM: You must submit a fully completed Application Form. Please retain a copy for your records.
- APPLICATION FEES: Any application fees must be paid at the time of submission of your application. All fees are non-refundable. Please make your check or money order payable to Montana Rail Link, Inc.
- EXHIBIT/SKETCH: An exhibit representing the location of the proposed lease property, with dimensions, should be attached to your application. See the sample Exhibit provided below for an example of what this item should look like and the kind of information it should include.
- LOCATION MAP: A general location map of the property must also accompany your application. Examples include such data as county highway maps with the location marked, USGS topographical maps with the location marked, or applicable county tax maps with the area highlighted, etc. The proposed leased or licensed property should be highlighted. Please indicate which direction is north.
- INSURANCE: Insurance requirements for utilization of railroad property must be met. Please contact us for more information.
Processing of your application requires MRL management review and approval and may involve several departments at MRL. Please plan and allow for approximately six months to process your application.
The proposed site may not be used prior to the execution of a formal agreement with MRL.
EXHIBIT / SKETCH
An exhibit/sketch of the proposed leased property, with dimensions, should accompany all applications. Any planned improvements on the property, with dimensions from the nearest track, should also be depicted. An example of what the sketch might look like and some of the dimensions it could include is shown here.